At Thousand Oaks Dental, Dr. Thompson wanted dental services available to cater to each patient’s wants and needs. To make orthodontics work less visible for teens, we offer ClearCorrect aligners as an alternative to traditional braces. This post will help you learn about ClearCorrect aligners and why they are an excellent choice for your teens that require orthodontic care.
When selecting an orthodontic treatment for your teenager, it is essential to look at all the options. Traditional metal braces have been the most commonly used orthodontic treatment used by teens for decades. Metal braces consist of metal brackets bonded to each tooth with a metal archwire running through them. The wire is constantly tightened throughout multiple appointments, causing the teeth to move into their directed position. Although traditional braces are common, they are very noticeable and have limitations.
Straightening teeth through the use of clear, retainer-like aligners has been the chosen form of orthodontic treatment for adults for years and is becoming the go-to option for teens.
ClearCorrect aligners consist of a series. Each series of aligners is a complete orthodontic treatment customized precisely to the movements your teen’s teeth need to make. Before designing through an impression, Dr. Thompson will examine the teeth, x-rays, and photographs of your child’s face to determine the specific course of treatment.
Every two weeks, a new set of aligners given to your child will continue the movement of the teeth. The amount of aligners is determined by the length of the treatment plan, ranging anywhere from 10-14 months.
Why Choose ClearCorrect for your Teenager
Even though traditional braces will eventually smile at your child they desire, the treatment might be more prolonged and possibly uncomfortable. There are many benefits for choosing ClearCorrect for your child, including:
- With metal braces, children can become insecure about their smiles and even their overall appearance. It can draw unwanted attention that can influence your teenager’s self-confidence.
- Numerous patients have reported that ClearCorrect aligners are comfortable to wear. Because each set of aligners fits your smile, they fit perfectly.
- ClearCorrect aligners eliminate all of the restrictions that commonly come with traditional braces. Aligners are removable, so you can remove them to eat your favorite foods and then place them back in. With traditional braces, you need to avoid certain foods because of the risk of breaking a bracket, with clear aligners that aren’t an issue.
- Due to the aligners being removable, we have seen an increase in teenagers’ oral health while using ClearCorrect. Brushing and flossing can maintain the same instead of having to maneuver through brackets and wires.
- Although we love seeing our patients through ClearCorrect aligners, the number of visits to our office is limited compared to braces. We only need to see you when issuing you your next set.
- Your dentist recommends that your teen wears the clear aligners for at least 20 hours out of each day for optimal results. Wearing your aligners often allows for removal during oral health practices, eating, and even while playing sports to avoid any damage.
Help your teen receive a straight and beautiful smile through the use of ClearCorrect aligners. Dr. Thompson understands developing personalized and detailed treatment plans to move your child’s teeth into exact positions.
To learn more about taking advantage of ClearCorrect aligners, contact our office, Thousand Oaks Dental, located right here in San Antonio, Texas. We look forward to hearing from you and helping your teenager enhance their smile.